Creating A V.S.L. Using MS Word & Powerpoint
I am working with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint on a Mac, but I’m sure it’s the same on a PC.
- Create your video sales letter script.
- Where you want a new slide, hit return to create a new line.
- Press “Command” “A” on a Mac or “Control” “A” on a PC to select all the text.
- Go to “View” in the menu bar and select “Outline.”
- Under “Styles” select “Headline” or “Heading.”
- Make sure your Font color is correct.
- Select a font type.
- Save the file as an .rtf - Rich Text Format.
- Open PowerPoint.
- Select widescreen.
- Choose a template style. Most VSLs use a white background.
- You can also create a special background.
- Go to Themes.
- Select Edit Master Slide.
- Click on Slide Master and choose the style of slide you want to edit.
- Set the slide size to 1280 x 720.
- When finished editing, click “Close Master.”
- Click on New Slide and scroll down to Insert Slides from Outline.
- Choose the VSL.rtf file that has your VSL copy and click Insert.
- PowerPoint will automatically generate all of the slides.
- Review and edit slides as needed.
To record your slideshow with voice-over:
Unlike Keynote, PowerPoint’s video conversion is not very good. I highly recommend you use a screen capture utility such as SnagIt.